Job & Careers
ABICOR BINZEL is the worldwide manufacturer of welding and cutting torches and welding periphery for both manual and automated processes.
As a mid-sized global company with over 1250 employees, more than 38 international subsidiaries, 20 sales partner and production plants in 6 countries including the United States, we offer our customers high-quality technological products for all fields of arc welding and cutting. Our customers belong to the metalworking industry, with a focus on Automotive/Transportation, Shipbuilding, General and Heavy Fabrication, Energy/Offshore, and the Emerging Applications industries, as well as our Supplier partners.
All positions are full-time and offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should send their resume with salary requirements to Megan Grable, Human Resource Manager. Megan can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at 301-846-4117.
Please state the position that you are applying for. ABICOR BINZEL is an EOE and Drug-Free Work Environment.
ABICOR BINZEL USA, Inc. is hiring for a Design Engineer:
ABICOR BINZEL’s engineering department in Frederick, MD currently has an immediate opening for a Design Engineer.
The Design Engineer will be responsible for carrying out the duties of the Engineering department, including design, research, prototyping, engineering documentation, estimating and process improvement. The successful candidate will collaborate with design/purchasing and shop/assembly teams on design projects. This an excellent opportunity to work in a friendly work environment with a team that is dedicated and passionate about innovation.
Design Engineer Responsibilities:
- Work with sales and product management teams to assess and analyze customers specific product needs and provide the best solution
- Use of Solid Works software to create models and drawings of products
- Research new materials and methods of development based on customer and/or design needs
- Organize and maintain existing engineering records
- Construct prototypes and confirm designs with design/purchasing team
- Perform physical testing on engineering prototypes
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards
Design Engineer Skills Desired:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 3+ years’ experience with hands on mechanical design
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered
- In-depth knowledge of SolidWorks 3D CAD software
- Knowledge of metal fabrication processes
- Ability to work both independently and within team structure
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively
- Ability to interact with all levels within organization includes sales, office and manufacturing/production to complete all tasks
- Ability to think outside the box to meet customer expectations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word), as well as ERP and CRM systems
ABICOR BINZEL USA offers a full range of employee benefits to all full time employees and competitive compensation.
** Please include salary requirement on all applications **
Job Type: Full-time & the position works out of our Frederick, Maryland office.
EOE & Drug Free Work Environment
Interested candidates should send their resume with salary requirements to Megan Grable, Human Resource Manager. Megan can be reached by email at email@example.com or via fax at 301-846-4117.