Job & Careers
ABICOR BINZEL is the worldwide manufacturer of welding and cutting torches and welding periphery for both manual and automated processes.
As a mid-sized global company with over 1250 employees, more than 38 international subsidiaries, 20 sales partner and production plants in 6 countries including the United States, we offer our customers high-quality technological products for all fields of arc welding and cutting. Our customers belong to the metalworking industry, with a focus on Automotive/Transportation, Shipbuilding, General and Heavy Fabrication, Energy/Offshore, and the Emerging Applications industries, as well as our Supplier partners.
All positions are full-time and offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should send their resume with salary requirements to Megan Grable, Human Resource Manager. Megan can be reached by email at email@example.com or via fax at 301-846-4117.
Please state the position that you are applying for. ABICOR BINZEL is an EOE and Drug-Free Work Environment.
ABICOR BINZEL USA, Inc. is hiring for a Sr. Engineer:
Technology-driven firm’s engineering department in Frederick, MD currently has an immediate opening for a Sr. Engineer.
The Sr. Engineer will be responsible for nurturing innovative ideas to the given problem, with independent thinking, and technical consolidation of many options, and define the best pathways. Having clear message delivery to stakeholders for approval. Carrying out PLC of the engineering project(s) and execute those based on the market & engineering requirements and specifications under the pre-defined timelines.
Working at ABICOR Binzel USA means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of an excellent opportunity to work in a friendly work environment with a team that is dedicated and passionate about innovation & explores your creativity.
Sr. Engineer Responsibilities:
- Be creative & innovative, in some cases get rids of all existing and known preconceptions, looking at the issues in a new prospect. Deep thinker through PLC and innovative design concepts
- Create and execute engineering projects by executing & working with team members & stakeholders, keen on the timeline and proactive mindset
- Work with sales and product management teams to assess and analyze customers specific product needs and provide the best solution
- Work as a “hands-on” Engineer in performing prototyping, development & troubleshooting on new products as related to the whole product design process.
- Create concepts, verify designs, and build prototypes.
- Move conceptual products into fully engineered solutions
- Establish baseline procedures for new products Plan and design experiments and conduct data analysis in support of concept testing.
- Design and implement test methods and equipment to support product development.
- Conduct feasibility studies to verify capability and functionality or to assess existing technologies. Research future concepts within the market including the monitoring of technology trends.
- Under CI (Continuous Improvement) activities, lead departmental KPIs, troubleshooting & diagnosing design and manufacturing quality problems.
- Analytic problem-solving skills, including knowledge of Stage-Gate, Six Sigma, DOE, or similar disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with all disciplines involved in specifying and engineering complex mechatronics products. Lead and contribute during all phases of the project from initial concept to production ramp
- Strong 3D CAD skills, Use of “Solid Works” to create models and drawings of products
- Demonstrated design experience in developing and integrating devices that may include and be applied to
- Robotics & End of arm tooling
- Integrated Solutions with the welding process
- Understanding new technologies and not limited to AI, Digital Twin, 2D & 3D tactical & vision sensors
- Practical knowledge of EE basics & backtrace diagnostics
- Key design scopes in the mechanical & electromechanical components
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards
Sr. Engineer Skills Desired:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, EE, or Engineering required.
- At least five+ (5+) years of combined experience in industrial product design and mechanical engineering delivering products comprised of multiple materials and high esthetic quality.
- Must have a minimum of three+ (3+) years experience and high proficiency in Solidworks, dealing with complex geometries and surfaces.
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational, and leadership skills
- Detailed knowledge of product development processes as well as a strong understanding of DTM (Design-to-Manufacturing) and DTC (Design-to-Cost),
- Good understanding of industry standards and best practices for machine component design, documentation, and GD&T.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word), as well as ERP/ CRM systems
ABICOR Binzel USA offers a full range of employee benefits to all full-time employees and competitive compensation.