SmartRay 3D Weld Inspection
SmartRay's combined hardware and software package uses 3D sensors with an advanced algorithmic process to quickly and reliably inspect weld dimensions for compliance and weld defects for rework.
SmartRay 3D Weld Inspection Features and Benefits:
- Automates weld inspection process to increase production speed
- Makes the weld inspection process more reliable and accurate
- Ultra-precise 3D weld joint scan in a fast and reliable hardware/software package
- Able to measure both weld dimensions and detect weld defects to micron levels of detail
- High speed scanning at a rate of 8 KHz and up to 400 mm/second
- Allows for multiple sensor heads to connect to a single software depending on application
- A variety of sensor head designs allows for the SmartRay solution to access complex parts
SmartRay 3D Weld Inspection Features:
Easily Installs to 6-axis Robot
SmartRay easily mounts to your 6-axis robot to allow for fast and reliable scanning of your weld joints to speed up your production line.
Expert Support in Planning and Install
Reliable and pre-planned installation includes pre-commissioning, technical and organizational coordination, and post-commissioning.
Precise and Reliable Joint Inspection
Robust and detailed JOSY "Joining System" offers an all-in-one solution for non-contact, visual 3D inspection to meet rigid Quality Assurance needs.
3D Scan of Weld Dimensions and Defects:
Dimensions & Features Evaluated
- Throat thickness
- Cross-sectional area
- Asymmetry & Leg length
- Concavity & Convexity
Defects & Inconsistencies Identified
- Porosity (pore nests)
- Incomplete groove fill
- Incomplete weld
SmartRay Cradle Inspection
SmartRay Company Profile
Technical Specifications (Sensors)
|SmartRay SR1200||SmartRay ECCO 95|
|Scan Rate:||2 kHz - 4 kHz||2 kHz - 8 kHz|
|Inspection Speed:||130 - 200 mm/s||130 - 400 mm/s|
|Max Points 3D Profile:||480||1920|
|Lateral Resolution:||39 µm - 75 µm||5.8 µm - 18 µm|
|Weight:||330 g||490 g|
|Dimensions (Volume):||205 cm3||386 cm3|
|Protection:||IP 65||IP 65|
|Laser Class:||2||2 (Optional 3)|
Technical Specifications (Controller)
|Design:||Up to 2 Sensors per Unit / Distributed Architecture|
IP 65 Protected
|Fieldbus Interfaces:||Ethernet/IP, ProfitNet, Ethernet, Devicenet|
|Exchangeability:||Active Backups, Remote Access|
Ready for a More Reliable Weld Inspection Process?
Get started today and see what SmartRay can do for you today, and start meeting your production goals.
We'll be glad to demonstrate to you in person how the SmartRay JOSY technology makes weld inspection faster and more accurate.
Ask us for a demo to get started.
Want to speak to someone immediately? Call us at 800-542-4867.