AutoGuide Functional Principle
The laser triangulation based sensor system performs a real time, no-contact scan of the shape of the seam at the joint. It then transmits the current seam position to the control unit of the linear axes.
Based on the submitted values, the unit can compensate tolerances in Y (lateral displacement) and Z (vertical offset) without changing the existing programming.
The sensor has a very sturdy construction and utilizes filter technology for reducing extraneous light thus helping to ensure that operations proceed properly when working very close to the process. Reliable seam tracking is supported by a powerful signal analysis feature, which is especially useful on reflective surfaces.
AutoGuide is ideal forarc welding, laser welding, and sub-arc.
- Outstanding process safety and reliability
- Three laser lines offer excellent stability during the acquisition of measurement data
- Simple to operate; no additional robot programming required
- Able to be mounted for use on most standard gantry / positioner units.
- Capable of use with any air or water cooled torch packages from ABICOR BINZEL