ABICOR BINZEL brief portrait
ABICOR BINZEL - Milestones in welding technology.
- 1963 First industrial torch for MIG/MAG gas shielded arc welding.
- 1969 Launch of TIG torch programme.
- 1973 Introduction of torch connection system that would become adopted as the global standard (Euro-Connector).
- 1973 The MB range of gas shielded torches introduced in Europe.
- 1974 RAS on gun fume extraction system developed.
- 1975 BIKOX, the coaxial cable based MB line gains significant market share.
- 1976 PUSH-PULL guns introduced.
- 1978/1979 The first ROBO line of automated guns brought to the attention of automobile manufacturers.
- 1984 The PSB range of plasma cutting torches completes the line-up.
- 1985 > Continuing development of ROBO peripheries bring WH neck change, BWS automated swan-neck handling and WWS tool change.
- 1996 ATS Rotot fully automates swan neck changing in Automobile transfer line car body production.
- 1997 Double wire automated torches launched.
- 1998 MFS the master feeder system extensively used in fabrication of Aluminium structures for automotive industry.
- 2001 Innovative line of guns for all process launched at Essen Welding Fair branded ABIMIG®, ABITIG® and ABIPLAS®
- 2002 Asian market launch of CO2 Robot Welding Torch ABIROB® GC A350.
- 2003 Presentation of the ROBO line ABIROB® A360/A500.
- 2004 Ergonomics takes the headlines with the introduction of the MB GRIP handle for MB torches featuring 2K moulding.
- 2005 ROBO products dominate first there is the WH-W800 tandem system, then in response to worldwide demand the market leading i-CAT programme for hollow-wrist Robots is released.
- 2006 MFS-V2 introduced, the high capability digital wire feed system for laser welding.
- 2007 WH versions of W500 and A360 complete the ROBO line-up.
- 2008 The first real innovation in over 20 years of manual welding with the launch of the ABIMIG® Grip LW line (reduced weight, same performance) steals the show at Essen, together with ABIMIG® Grip W, ABITIG® Grip Little, ABICUT® and ABIPLAS® Weld CT/MT.
WA2 8UA WarringtonGoogle Maps0044-1925-65 39 44