ABICOR BINZEL Brief Portrait
To recognize technological trends and innovative design is one of the power of our company. Founded 1945 Alexander Binzel Schweisstechnik GmbH & Co. KG early specialized in the development and production of inert-gas shielded welding and cutting torches for MIG/MAG, TIG and plasma.
Since that time many patented developments characterize the world of welding and cutting and put an international standard.
With more than 30 subsidiaries, more than 20 exclusive sales partners and 1200 employees worldwide the ABICOR BINZEL Group is represented in more than 50 countries.
Our production plants are located in the headquaters in Buseck, near Gießen and in our plant in Dresden, as well as in the United States, Brazil, India, China and Russia.
In 1997 the Company brand ABICOR was established as the expression of a company strategy depending on innovation and globalization following a clear brand policy.
Founded in Gießen in 1945
Innovations at a high Level:
- 1963 Development of the first powerful MIG/MAG inert-gas shielded welding torches
- 1969 Start of production of TIG inert-gas shielded welding torches
- 1973 Development and introducion of the central plug and socket systems that subsequently became the European and world standard
- 1973/1974 First generation of liquid-cooled MIG/MAG inert-gas shielded welding torches, MB-series
- 1974 Market introduction of the first generation of fume extraction welding torches "RAS"
- 1975 "BIKOX", the ABICOR BINZEL coaxial cable assembly with air-cooled MIG/MAG inert-gas welding torches MB take the market by storm
- 1976 Development of the first Binzel push-pull welding torch series
- 1978/1979 Parallel to the introduction of the first robots in automotive assembly, ABICOR BINZEL began the development of systems for welding using robots
- 1984 Plasma cutting torches supplement the ABICOR BINZEL delivery range
- 1985 - 1993 Further and new development of the robotic peripheral equipment such as e.g. the torch neck replacement system "BWS", tool changing system "WWS" and robot mounting system "CAT"
- 1996 The innovative torch neck replacement system ATS-Rotor is presented to the world public
- 1997 Multi-wire torches for the automated welding complete the ABICOR BINZEL welding torch range
- 1998/1999 In close co-operation with leading car manufacturers the Master Feeder System "MFS" is develoved, which makes it possible for the first time to integrate aluminium welding into large-scale series production
- 2001 Presentation of the new torch generations ABIMIG®, ABITIG® and ABIPLAS®
- 2002 Introduction of the ROBO Welding Torch ABIROB® A350 GC - specially for the CO2 welding on the asian market
- 2003/2004 Presentation of the powerful torch series ABIROB® A360/A500 for air cooled robot welding in the medium automation grade
- 2005 With even more GRIP the MIG/MAG manual torch series MB GRIP (air and liquid cooled) introduces itself
- 2006 Introduction of the Tandem-Torches WH W800 - based on the well-known WH components - with quick neck change for high welding rates
- 2006/2007 Presentation of the intelligent robot interface iCAT with collision detection software - torch mount with shock sensor for hollow wrist robots as well as introduction of the robot interface iSTM without shock sensor for hollow wrist robots providing collision detection software
- 2007 Wire feeding system MFS-V2 for high precision laser hot- and cold wire applications
- 2008 Presentation of the MIG/MAG-Manual Welding Torches Push-Pull Plus
- 2008 Completion of the product portfolio MIG/MAG-Robot Welding Torches by the liquid cooled neck change torch WH W500 and the Robot Welding Torches ABIROB® A300 air cooled
- 2009 The liquid cooled torch system ABIROB® W completes the ROBO product range for the medium automation grade
- 2009 Introduction of the new torch generations for the manual MIG/MAG and TIG Welding as well as for Plasma cutting ABIMIG® GRIP A LW, ABIMIG® GRIP W, ABITIG® GRIP, ABITIG® GRIP Little and ABICUT
- 2009 Market introduction of the Plasma arc welding system ABIPLAS® WELD CT/MT for ratings up to 300 A with exchangeable torch neck (CT) and fixed torch neck (MT)
... and every day special solutions for our customers around the world with more than 10.000 special designs and special torches produced every year.
ABICOR BINZEL today
- More than 30 subsidiaries and sales partners world-wide
- More than 1000 employees world-wide
- Manufacturing facilities in Germany (Buseck, Dresden), USA, Brazil, India, China and Russia
- Since 1995 the Quality Management System of the company has been certified according to DIN ISO 9001
- High degree of involvement in research and development, supported by a uniquely well-equipped welding laboratory with computer and laser technology of the highest precision
Products - for highest demand
The demands at functionality and safety are rising worldwide and also the demands of the quality of technical products. Technical ideas often are feasible by reliable connection of metals and their alloys.
ABICOR BINZEL supplies for all working materials and applications the exact welding or cutting torch necessary. For the manual use or for the semi-or full automatic operation. Gas- or liquid-cooled. Wide range welding accessories as well as robotic peripheral systems. Decisive for long lasting safety is the welding seam.
Innovation and quality ...
Intensive development is the basis of new products.
Approximately 40 development engineers are currently working on innovative and individual solutions in their own welding technological laboratory where the equipment is surely unique within the branch. With the support of 3D-CAD-design programmes as well as modern processing for the visualization of gas currents, this is resulting in the trailblazing developments of the best possible torch designs, ergonomically exemplary torch handles and components for the automatic welding technology.
The environmentally-friendly production with individual tool and power supply construction is based on modern CNC and multiple-station welding machines machinery and is also highly automatic.
Speed, economic feasibility and quality are the crucial demands.
ABICOR BINZEL was the first pure manufacturer of welding torches to be awarded the certificate in compliance with DIN EN ISO 9001 for quality management.
On-the-spot service - worldwide
Everywhere all over the world where welding is used we will help you with competent advise and high-performance products. Our global presence guarantees quick delivery from our worldwide stocks and technical consultation and on-the-spot service all times.
Successful partnership, personal service, trend-setting torch technology and close customer service all over the world.
Better is better than good ...
... we also uphold this motto.
It is our motivation and standard for the benefit of our customers.
Customer satisfaction and customer benefits are the center points of all strategic contents.
To ensure this, we need creative and competent personnel in all business divisions, an intensive exchange of thoughts and ideas with all users, participation in working and study groups within the field of welding technology and intensive cooperation with institutes and universities.
Safeguarding and actively designing the future. These are our obligations.
The spirit of the ABICOR BINZEL personnel is to listen to and to integrate the customer throughout the processes, to develop and design marketable products, to present prototypes, to carry out pilot tests and to prepare for and be open to new technology and tasks.
Our aim is that:
Every product from ABICOR BINZEL should represent state-of-the-art technology - worldwide.
GmbH & Co. KGKiesacker 7-9
35418 BuseckGoogle Maps0049 (0) 64 08 / 59-0